Conserve

Last weekend, I took the train home and drove with my parents up to northern Wisconsin to visit my sister, Madeline, at the semester school she is attending.  Conserve School is an environmental-based school in Land O'Lakes for high school students.  It's the first time I actually wished I was back in high school, because this place was awesome.  I am so jealous.

English Class

Interpreting Henry David Thoreau



The school converted the old baseball field into a vegetable garden and the fence protects it from the deer

Sign on the boathouse at our rental cabin.

My parents and I stayed in a cabin on a lake about 15 minutes from my sister's school.  The fall colors were gorgeous and the weather was so warm, I wish we could have stayed longer.

View from our cabin in morning.  I walked out on the dock in my pajamas.


Porcupine right outside Maddy's dorm

Basically, this trip made me want to move to the Northwoods.  I don't know if the sheep would like living with porcupines.






Comments