House Update

Yesterday our realtor called me at work around 2:30 pm and told me that some more people would like to look at our house.  That day.  At 4:30.  All I could think about was how disgusting the state of my home was when I left for work that morning.  And I mean bad.  After two weeks of guests and Joey having a cold which rendered him "too sick" to help me clean, the house was pretty much a disaster.  I really wanted more people to see the house so I told the realtor OK.  Luckily, Barb was working with me at the library so I could run home and try to pick up a little before they got there and then go back to work.  (I have missed so much work lately it's not even funny.)  So I dashed home, hid the laundry under the bed, washed a couple dishes and stored the rest under the sink (an old trick), swept the 1,001 ladybug carcasses off the floor upstairs, and then pretty much ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things into order.  You know how it gets, stuff just starts to pile up everywhere and then the stuff reproduces and multiplies and somehow the piles of paper, dishes, and laundry and balls of dog fur rolling around are completely invisible to your husband...It's very strange how these things know how to camouflage themselves from the male species.


Today, the realtor called me again and said the people who went through it yesterday liked it.  Although she doesn't know how much because she didn't show it, someone from Century 21 did.  And she said the the old-renter girl called her and agreed to the extra $1,000 they've been thinking about for the last week.  If you want a house that badly, why should $1,000 make the difference between getting it or not?  Anywho...we are signing something with the realtor tonight but the sale is not pending, the house is still on the market, and we are still accepting other offers.  We hope there are other offers out there.  First because these people have to sell their house and get a loan before they can actually buy our house.  And second, because we don't really like the idea of them living in our house.  Not only have we already seen how she lived in it before, but our neighbor and friend will be upset to be her neighbor again.  But at the end of the day, we have to sell our house before we can buy another one and we have to buy another one so Joey can be closer to his job.  So I guess we'll see what happens.

Comments