So far, so good

I haven't received any calls at work today telling me my sheep are out roaming the neighborhood.  That's always a sign my day is going fairly well.  Besides getting a call from Joey asking if we can get an Australian Shepherd puppy, my day has been pretty uneventful.  Only 16 people have visited the library today.  It's been a looong day.  But at least there's air-conditioning.  And I'm the librarian, so I control the thermostat.  Well, it's more like I'm the only one here, so I control the thermostat.  Yes, for most of the week, I work alone (I have the only full-time position of 34 hours a week and then I have 3 retired teachers who each work with me for 3 hours a week.)  And sometimes (like now)  there isn't a single person in the library.  So here I am, basking in my climate controlled room full of books.  It's just me and the books.

Comments