City Girl, Country Librarian

I'm new to this whole blog thing, but I thought I would give it a shot.  Mostly, this blog is for keeping family and friends up-to-date on our new life out in the sticks.  Last April, Joey and I decided to leave our family, friends, and jobs in the city where we grew up to move to the country.  Joey got a job with a farmer and we bought an old house in a town called Vermont, IL.  Whenever we travel farther than 20 miles from our town we have to add "Illinois" to the end, otherwise we sound like we're from the east coast.  There's not much going on in our new hometown, we don't even have a gas station.  There are only a handful of stoplights in our entire county.  Let's just say it's a little different from where we grew up.  But we are loving it.  I took a job as the director at the library in the next town over.  I'm having a great time with my job as a librarian and I love all the people that I that come to the library every week.  Things are simpler out here.  We may have to drive 25 minutes to "go into town" and we can't get pizza delivered to our house, but it's all worth it.  Keep checking in for more stories and pictures of our country life.  Pretty soon we'll have our first lambs!

Comments