Close to home

It's only been two days since Joey started his new job back on a farm, but I am already loving that he works closer to home.  We even work in the same small town, about 10 minutes from our house.  And he has an hour for lunch which means that he can go home to eat if he wants or he can meet me for lunch at the diner.  Because I don't start work until 2 pm on Fridays, I was home when Joey came home for lunch.  I told Daisy he was coming home and she waited for him on the driveway.  She soaked up the sun with her black fur and waited for her boy.  I think it's kinda nice to come home to a furry welcoming committee.

At two, I pulled into my parking spot at the library and walked over to retrieve the mail from the mailbox when someone kept whistling at me.  I'm sure I made a face like, "c'mon, I'm just trying to get to work here," and looked around for the culprit.  It was my husband across the street at the car wash...sorry for giving you dirty looks, babe!  I like knowing that Joey is closer to home now, crossing the same paths I cross during the day, and working in the same community.

P.S. This is my 100th post!  Feels kinda like kindergarten, when you celebrate the 100th day of school and you're supposed to bring in 100 of something, like pennies or buttons.  I tried to find 100 dried cicada shells.  I don't think I found 100 in my backyard but I definitely remember bringing a bunch of those little exoskeletons to school in a margarine tub.  What a strange 5 year old I was.  And I still think it's cool when you find one of those little cicada skins in your backyard.

http://www.kwartzlab.ca/2010/08/backyard-biology-cicada-shell/

P.P.S This has got to be the weirdest thing EVER.  I'll admit I like cicada shells, but not this much.  This does not look like my idea of a good time.  And more than one photo of this girl comes up in a google image search of cicada shells...bizarre.  Maybe Lady Gaga could make a cicada shell dress.  Had enough with the cicada shells?  Sorry.  

http://pinktentacle.com/2008/08/cicada-shell-cosplay/




Comments