New Year, New Adventures

Happy New Year!

It's been a while since I've written but I have been busy working on a little project here at our little farmstead.  And by "busy" I mean I have been exhausted beyond words...because we are adding a baby to this crazy mix this summer!

I am 14 weeks into this little adventure, so I am hoping that now that I am through the first trimester I will be getting some energy back.  Cold weather and early sunsets have not helped my energy levels, but they have made a great excuse to curl up in sweatpants and refuse to move from the couch every evening after work and all weekend long.

My winter-time dreams of spring and summer are even stronger now.  Usually around January I start getting excited for gardening season again and immerse myself in beautiful seed catalogs.  And by the time February rolls around, I really want to travel away from the midwestern climate.  Growing up, my mom always got cabin fever by the end of January, leading to family vacations to warmer climates in February.  This year, Joey and I are trying to stick to an extremely tight budget in order to pay off some bills and save a little money before baby comes, so I don't think a tropical vacation is in our sights this year.

But we have much to look forward to as we curl up and hibernate away the rest of winter: garden planning and planting, new spring lambs, finishing the upstairs of our house, working on a nursery, my sister's graduation from high school, and baby's arrival sometime in July!  It's going to be a good year.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment