Still Playing Catch-up

I know it's a little late, but this chalkboard sign still adorns my dining room.  Not a single Thanksgiving dish was eaten in there; we went home to eat two Thanksgivings with our families.  And we left our heat off for four days, so it was really cold in our house when we got home after our long weekend away.  It's a good thing we packed on an extra layer of stuffing, grandma's mac-n-cheese, and pumpkin pie to insulate us against the chill.


I'll probably create a new sign this weekend.  We're thinking about getting our Christmas tree.  The funny thing is that we've picked our tree out of a tiny grocery store parking lot the last two years we've lived in the country.  When we lived in the suburbs, we would drive to the country and chop down a tree on a farm.  Now we live on a farm and we have to get our tree from a grocery store.  


The chickens cleaned out all the old tomatoes left in the garden.


Joey and Millie the pony enjoying a warm November day.  Millie walks very nicely on a lead rope.  I like to walk her around the yard.  She likes to eat the grass.  I like to braid her mane.


Jip is such a happy dog.  Even when I won't let him in the kitchen because I am sweeping.  His favorite thing is to walk through my sweeping pile and re-disperse the dog fur and dirt.

That's about all for now.  It's almost December.  The sheep and pony are eating lots of hay and grains.  The early sunset makes me very sleepy in the evenings.  I think I am going to have to learn some vegetarian crock pot recipes so that I can put dinner together in the morning before I leave for work.  I read somewhere you can make lasagna in the crock pot without even cooking the noodles ahead of time.  I may have to try that.  






Comments