Farmers Market Pumpkins


Alternate blog post title: How Many Pumpkins will fit in a Toyota Matrix?


I filled up my little car with pumpkins last night (in the dark, no less) so that I could take them to the farmers market this morning.  I got up at 5:45 am to get to the market by 7 am.  I parked on the town square and set up my little folding tables (fortunately I remembered to put those in the car before the pumpkins) and waited.  And waited.  The temperature on the bank sign across the street said 49 degrees.  And it was soooo windy.  And I had wet hair.  (Complain much?)  

Notice that it is light outside in this photo.  This is what my car looked like after the Farmers Market. 

It is Homecoming weekend for the university so there was a parade around the square.  I was hoping this would be good for the pumpkin business.  It was not.  Five hours and many marching bands later, I made $39.50 and had to load all those pumpkins back into my car.  

So what did I do when I got home?


I went out to the field and picked more pumpkins.


Pie pumpkins, to be exact.  They were the only thing I sold out of today at the market.  I also sold some mini gourds and wee-be-little pumpkins.  


Here's hoping the next few weeks of pumpkin sales improve...  There's hundreds more pumpkins in the field!  



Comments