Happy 4th!

Happy Fourth of July!  This is one of my favorite holidays, probably because I spend every 4th of July with my family at our cottage on Lake Superior.  This year, I am sadly still in Illinois while my parents and sister celebrate in Wisconsin because our friend is getting married on Friday.  But, this morning I got to walk around our little farm and think about how great it is to live in a country where two 25 year-old kids from the city can own their own farm and some sheep, work at jobs we love, and shoot off fireworks over a soybean field to celebrate.




Joey's latest project.  And yes, he saw something like this in a movie where the people lived in a commune.

So that's a little slice of my American pie.  Can't believe it's been three years since Joey proposed on the 4th on our dock on Lake Superior, under the glow of the moon. 









Comments