1. It rained! Hallelujah. Nothing like the wild storms other parts of the country (and even state) have been getting, but we'll take what we can get. Our pasture/sheep/garden/pumpkins/sweetcorn was thirsty!
2. Today is like a Friday (I know, it's only Tuesday) but the 4th of July is tomorrow so the library is closed and Joey is in a wedding on Friday back in our hometown so we are driving home tomorrow for a nice little stay at home. Yay, two-day workweek! (boo, lousy paycheck!)
3. My parents have a pool. I'll definitely be getting my swim on in suburbia this weekend. Funny side note- we bought Jip and Daisy a plastic kiddie pool earlier this summer to splash around in and last night I was standing in the backyard and looking at the garden and realized that instead of one kiddie pool, we now have two of the exact same pools in our yard. Neither one of us know how we got an extra pool; it hasn't even been that windy lately. And the funny thing is that I'm pretty sure that there have been two pools for a couple days and we've been too busy/stressed/distracted with work and livestock that neither one of us even noticed. Oops.
4. I get to see one of my best friends this weekend! I've known her since we were in kindergarten and we've been best friends since we worked on a project together in 5th grade. She was one of my bridesmaids and now she is getting married in September. She has her final dress fitting this weekend and I get to join her and say hello to the seamstress that fitted my wedding dress more than a year and a half ago (has it been that long?)
5. I got a new car! With all the craziness lately, I forgot to mention that I bought a new car a couple of weeks ago. It's a used Toyota Matrix and so far, I am loving it! It really takes stress off my back to have a reliable car again!
6. We're going on vacation next week! Since we couldn't make it up to my parent's cabin on Madeline Island on Lake Superior for the 4th of July this year (1st time not going in 14 years = major sad face), we decided to invite some of our friends that we've gotten pretty close with in the last two years. We're going Thursday through Monday and it basically takes the whole day to get there, but it's sooo worth it. I'm excited to share our favorite place with our friends.
I've been stressed lately, so I decided to appreciate the little things. I stopped and smelled the roses. And they sure smelled nice. Hope you have some exciting things going on in your life as well! Can you believe tomorrow is already July 4th?!?