Library Field Trips

Exhausted.

Had two fourth grade and two fifth grade classes in the library today for field trips.  And I was under the impression that I was going to have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders today...guess the principal switched them up on me.  1st -3rd grade next week, 2 preschool classes and 2 kindergarten classes the week after that. And then I really have to get started on all my summer reading programs....sometimes being a country librarian is a quiet job...until you have kids asking questions a mile a minute about which books we do or do not have.  This may be a small library, but I don't have the entire inventory memorized!

I had a dream this morning about tornadoes and how I was in the library when one came straight for it.  Another librarian and I tried to take shelter in the bathroom (which had an entire wall of floor-to-ceiling windows for some reason) and then an entire wall of the children's section was blown away by the tornado.  Maybe I was having a premonition about all the 4th and 5th graders today?

They actually weren't too bad, I just had to do quite a bit of straightening of the shelves after they left.  I don't know how teachers do it all day.  Props to them.  I mostly enjoy my quiet librarian existence.  Maybe this job really is turning me into Marian the Librarian from the Music Man...kids better not start dancing and singing on the library tables.

Comments