One year later

Sunday was our one-year wedding anniversary.  We couldn't believe that a whole year had already passed since we stood up in front of our friends and family and vowed to cook macaroni and cheese, let the dog up on the bed occasionally, and stop hiding dirty dishes under the sink (me) and to not put our dirty socks on the table and wash the dishes more often (Joey).



In the last year we haven't improved much when it comes to doing the dishes, but we do eat a lot of macaroni and cheese, there have been significantly fewer dirty socks on the table, and the dog gets on our bed for some snuggle/face clawing time before bed every night.


Since I didn't eat too much of my dinner at our wedding last year (advice for brides: sit down in your dress when trying it on), I tried to recreate the meal last night.  We had baked salmon with a cucumber dill sauce, green beans and twice baked potatoes. 


We also had the top layer of our wedding cake.  (Another thing, besides my dinner, that barely got eaten that night.  We each ate a forkful out of the two layer cake and the rest of it spent the last year in Joey's mom's freezer.)


Luckily, our marriage is looking a little better than the cake did after a year.  So I had to turn it around and dress it up a little...it still didn't improve the taste.


One of my bridesmaids gave me this bottle of champagne at my bachelorette party and it had been sitting in our cabinet ever since.  This seemed like the perfect opportunity to pop open some bubbly.

It was a little quieter than the party we threw (or should I say my parents threw) last year (dinner for 130 people) but it was a good day all the same.  We had our dogs, sheep, and chickens, we had our house, we had a dusty old cake, and oh yeah, we had each other.





Comments

  1. Yay! Happy Anniversary (again) I still have so many fun memories from your wedding :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment