Monday

Such a Monday.

Joey got his truck back from the truck repair this weekend, only to find out his headlights aren't working and they didn't work on the brakes, so we dropped the truck off again this morning before Joey had to go to work.  Which means I drove him to the farm, in the dark, in my pajamas, an hour before I usually wake up in the morning.  When I got home, Jip had left some surprises for me on the kitchen floor.  I held my breath, cleaned it up, and went back to bed.  I never really fell back asleep but my flannel duvet was so warm, and the dogs were sleeping, so I stayed curled up 20 minutes past my usual wake-up time.  Which usually throws off the rest of my day...

At work today I realized I am missing both spare keys to the library and someone needs one to get in after we close tonight to hold a meeting...finally just got a call from the girl scout leaders: they have both of them.  Still doesn't help me tonight, though, since I close the library at 6, drive home 15 minutes and then have to be back at 6:45 to let someone in for a meeting.  So frustrating.  I've gotta think of a better system for the spare keys.

I also had to figure out why the toilet in the women's bathroom stopped working today.  Luckily, I was able to jiggle the cord inside and lift the flappy-thing (technical term) a few times and the water started filling up the tank again.  I felt a few minutes despair that I was going to have to use the men's bathroom...

And so, now I have to figure out when I'm supposed to pick up Joey from work and drive back to the library to open it up again.  This post is all over the place, but so are my thoughts today...one of those days.

Comments