Rain, rain, go away, I have clothes to dry...


The dryer is still out of commission...my dad and I took it apart and found out it needs a new dryer belt.  I finally got around to ordering one today and hopefully it will come soon.  And hopefully, with the aid of YouTube, I can figure out how to put it on the drum inside the dryer.  I have a mountain of clothes that need to be washed but it has been raining here so I can't dry them outside.  I bought a small wooden clothes rack for inside but it seems to take forever to dry inside.  Last time, I finished drying the clothes outside when it finally cleared up.  Maybe now that we have the heat on I could hang the clothes over the heating vents.  I don't have enough room on the clothes rack so I have to get creative and drape clothes over chairs, ladders, and step stools.  My dining room looks pretty strange draped with soggy clothes.  I feel like someone from the turn of the century, waiting on weather to do my laundry.  I have wireless internet in my house, I can type a blog in my pajamas, and yet I can't figure out how to dry clothes.

Comments

  1. I hear ya there! I hang my clothes outside when it's warm and sunny, and hang them inside on racks when it's not. Usually things dry slowly in the spring and fall when it's rainy and not quite warm enough for drying outside. I point a fan at the drying rack to help. (Things dry very quickly in the winter when the heat's on, and I'm thankful for that extra humidification!)

    However, it's been so humid and rainy here recently that my clothes couldn't dry fast enough not to start smelling first. So, I washed them again, this time with Pine-Sol to get rid of the odor, and actually used the dryer. (I use it maybe 3 or 4 times a year.) It felt really odd to use it, almost like I was cheating, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

    I may only use it 3 or 4 times a year, but boy am I glad I have it! (Since usually those times are I-need-clothes-for-work-tomorrow! times.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can understand the need-clothes-for-work situation...I had run out of clean pants and it was cold last week! We are trying to get the dryer fixed, and to tell you the truth, I will probably use it all winter because I seem to do about 4 loads of laundry a week (I swear my husband is a dirty laundry producing machine) and I think it will cover my whole house if I try to air-dry it inside! I never thought about the added moisture in the house during winter, sounds good for dry skin! I can't believer you only use it 3 or 4 times a year! I think I'll need another drying rack to keep up with all the laundry we seem to produce! Do you have any secrets for getting towels to dry quickly?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment