Let sleeping dogs lie

Yep, it's true.  I won't ever be sleeping in again, the dogs won't let me.  Although I am trying to figure out a way to take both of them out and feed them that is less chaotic than my current efforts, which often lead me to chasing one or both dogs out of the neighbor's yard in my pajamas and rubber rain boots.  This morning at 7:30 am, I let Jip out because he had been barking for the last ten minutes straight.  Then I got him back inside, fed him and Daisy, then took Jip back outside by himself.  Finally, after Jip had eaten and gone to the bathroom outside I took Daisy out on the leash and walked her up the street.  Right now, without a fenced in yard, I can't take both dogs out at the same time unless Joey is home to help me.  They listen better to his deeper, commanding voice, and completely ignore my shrieking.  Here's hoping that fencing in our yard won't cost an arm and a leg.  Although an arm and a leg might be worth the price my dignity has paid after all the interesting combinations of pajamas, socks and rain boots I have worn around the neighborhood, shrieking like a banshee.  All I'm asking is to be able to let the dogs out, let them get some exercise that doesn't involve me chasing and them running away, and another hour of sleep on a Saturday morning.

Comments