It's Fall, Ya'll

Happy first day of autumn!  I don't usually use the word y'all (for those of you who know me and are scratching your heads in wonderment) but I love fall, so why not?  I bought an awesome pumpkin at the grocery store that reminds me of Hagrid's hut in Harry Potter (nerdy, I know, it's a good thing I'm a librarian) and cheery yellow mums for my front porch.  I almost succumbed to nostalgia and bought a bag of candy corn pumpkins, but I remembered that I like the idea of them more than I like the taste.  And since I somehow ended up marrying a guy without a sweet tooth, I would have had to eat them by myself.  They're kind of like those chalky valentine's message hearts; you buy them because they are iconic of the holiday, and then no one wants to actually eat them.  I found a recipe yesterday for pumpkin and ricotta stuffed shells that I want to try, but I'm also a little leery of the idea.  I bought a can of pumpkin at the store but forgot the ricotta.  I'll let you know if I ever get around to making it.  Anyone else find interesting autumn inspired recipes lately?  Anything good?  Is there anyone out there who likes candy corn pumpkins enough to eat the whole bag by themselves?

P.S. There was a mouse outside my garage today.  It was really pudgy (probably from all the corn, oats, and rabbit food we keep in the garage.)  And to tell you the truth, it was kinda cute.  But I still don't want it to curl up inside my boots, eat the dog's food and scurry around inside my house.

Comments

  1. Yay Fall! I also hate any type of candy corn... but I'm pretty good with most other candy! I don't think I've had pumpkin shells, but I just had butternut squash ravioli the other night that was amazing! I'll have to dig up some good fall recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment