Busy days

Today is going to be a busy day.  The library book club is meeting tonight to discuss The Hunger Games.  I am excited to talk about this book because I think that everyone who read it is likely to have a reaction and a few opinions about it.  It is a book that is hard to put down and it was probably the first book that ever made my heart beat out of fear for the main character.  It's sequel was great too.  I read the two books in a couple days and then had to wait for months for the third in the trilogy to come out.  I reread the first two and then the third was released and I was never more disappointed in a book.  I disliked it so much, it almost made me change my feelings for the first two books.  I will have to read it again and see if my feelings change.  I was so mad at the author, who I felt had just written this ending as quick as possible while the books were still popular and didn't do the heroes any justice.  I felt the characters were so much more than she wrote them in the final book.  I can't wait until the rest of the book club has read the third book to see what their reactions are.

After book club, I have to meet Joey at the bowling lanes in our town.  We were asked to join the bowling league on Thursdays and it all starts tonight.  They probably should have seen us bowl before asking us; let's just hope they pair us with a couple that isn't too concerned with winning.

This weekend, I am hoping to take a little road trip with my mom to Decorah, IA to the Seed Saver's Exchange Heritage Farm.  Will let you know all about it!

Comments