Another One of Those Days...

The kind where you find out your checking account has -$17.72 and your neighbor calls you at work to tell you that your sheep have escaped.  All before lunch.

Don't worry, both situations have been resolved.  And I haven't even gotten off of work yet.  I ran home during my lunch break(plus 15 minutes...oops) to check on the sheep.  By the time I got there, my lovely neighbor had already put them back in their pasture.  Luckily, it was the boys who were the escapees and the neighbor was out watering her garden and caught them munching on the lawn.  If it had been the girls, they probably would have been gone.  Susan (our flighty sheep) would have probably freaked out and caused hysteria amongst the girls (as usual.)  Instead, the boys, Dodge (daddy ram), his sons Clive and Mack, and his adopted son Patrick, were happily standing in the shade by the barn.  My neighbor, Sandy, said she went out there and walked toward them and they just ran right back over the fence they knocked down and she put it back up.  The funniest thing is that she said "Fatty" just took one look at her and went back where he was supposed to be.  Turns out, "Fatty" is what they call Patrick when they sit back in their lawn chairs and watch our sheep from their yard.  Poor Fatty Patty.  He's not fat, he's just fluffy.

Also, I know they didn't mean to knock the fence down either.  Sheep don't plot.  They just like to scratch their bodies against anything that's solid (or somewhat solid, in the case of the fence.)  Dodge is a big sheep with big itches and the way the gate was propped up was just not strong enough for him to lean his entire body weight on.  So down it went and out they gamboled.  Joey is in the process of mucking out the barn right now so the boys can't go in and get any shade so I'm sure they thought it was nice to stand under the ginkgo tree for a couple minutes.  For sheep, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

My computer is still down until I take it to the Apple store this weekend (cross your fingers they can fix it!)  Hopefully I can get pictures up soon of the garden and last weekend's news - bathroom renovations and the acquisition of new chickens!  I had all sorts of things I was going to blog about until the goblins killed my computer. Maybe the computer dying on Sunday was just the beginning of "one of those weeks..."  I surely hope not.  I can't handle any more technical failures, checks cashed a month after I write them, or escaped livestock.  

Comments