Wish me luck

Ugh.  Today I have to do one of the things that frightens me most: get a blood test done.  And I'm really mad about it.  Now that Joey has a new job, his company provides all kinds of insurance.  Well, I guess the life insurance is free so Joey filled out applications for both of us and now, in order for our applications to go through, I have to submit to needles so they can determine if I have high cholesterol or something?!  I'm 24, I don't eat meat, drink alcohol, or smoke!  I'm as fit as a fiddle!  And the worst part is that Joey doesn't have to submit tests because he is the employee.  What is that all about?  Also, who has ever had to do medical testing to get life insurance?  And the weirdest part is that I don't have to go into a clinic to do the tests, someone comes to my house!  I was supposed to do it Friday morning since the library doesn't open until 2pm on Fridays, but the lady who is coming to my house had to move it up to tonight at 6:30.  The only good thing about that is that I won't be alone when the lady with the needles comes over.  I told Joey he has to get home from work by 6:30 tonight no matter what.  I am going to ask the lady if I can do it while lying on my couch, since I usually get pretty close to fainting whenever I have to give a blood sample.  When I was younger I would always make it out of the lab and around the corner before I was overcome with dizziness and had to sit down in the hallway with my head between my knees.  So we'll see what happens.  I know I am a grown girl and shouldn't have any problem with it, but it is just one of those things that I can't even think about without getting light-headed.  I started thinking about that rubber band they tie around your arm in the car on the way to work this morning and started to feel sick.  So I better stop there before I fall out of my desk chair here at the library.  I'll tell you how it goes.

Comments