Love at first sight

Well, I meant to write about my fun weekend auction experience today, but I've had my head in the clouds.  You see, I'm in love.  I. found. my. DREAM HOUSE.  Just yesterday, I was talking to my friend Karyn (who lives all the way in California, and I miss her very much) about our house hunt.  I was trying to explain that I couldn't believe the lack of farmhouses for sale out here.  I mean, this is the country.  I thought there would be a white farmhouse with a red barn for sale around every cornfield.  Turns out, not so much.  We have had the hardest time finding any property for sale out here that is more than 1 or 2 acres.  Crazy right?  It seems that when they sell a farm around here, they sell all the acreage separately from the house.  Then they just sell the house with the yard around it.  And everything we've seen so far has been a brick ranch house.  Where are those farms that were in all my picture books growing up?  Well, I somehow stumbled upon one today.  On craigslist.  I have been doing most of my house hunting online.  Well, apparently, not all real estate agencies list their properties on the Multiple Listing Service or MLS and  most of the small towns around here don't have a Remax or Coldwell Banker.  So I have had to do some digging around to find out about the little local agencies.  Today, I was totally frustrated with not finding anything close to what we had been dreaming about when I thought I would check craigslist just for the heck of it.  And there it was, with a link to the realtor's website.  It turns out it is just a small town realtor that only has a couple properties for sale and that's why I couldn't find it in google searches for area real estate.  So, it is a white farmhouse built in 1900 with a red barn, a windmill, and a pond, all on 6.5 acres.  Sounds perfect right?  It is, except for the price.  It's a little over our budget.  We have been hoping to find something around $135,000 or less and this farm is listed at $188,000.  I don't know what will happen.  Joey is going to look at it on his way home from work tomorrow and maybe we can schedule a viewing, but should we not get our hopes up?  We love it so much just from the pictures.  I guess we'll just have to see.
Picture me here

Comments